Supply-Side Economics and American Prosperity with Arthur Laffer
Learn how Americans can restore economic freedom and prosperity.
As the economy approaches a crisis that threatens the savings and jobs of millions of Americans, the common solution by our political elites is more taxation, more regulation, and more spending.
But is that the right path to unleash economic opportunity for Americans? What evidence do we have from our past to guide our thinking about the economy today?
To answer these fundamental and urgent questions, we produced “Supply-Side Economics and American Prosperity with Art Laffer”—our first free teaching series that blends an online course with the features of a documentary.
In this series, Arthur Laffer, economic advisor to Ronald Reagan and Presidential Medal of Freedom recipient, explores the economic history of America over the last century to reveal the principles and policies that have promoted prosperity in our economy.
And to enhance the learning experience in this important series, Dr. Laffer is joined by Amity Shlaes, Stephen Moore, Larry Kudlow, Steve Forbes, Brian Domitrovic, and Larry P. Arnn.
Over eight episodes, you’ll discover:
- how incentives drive economics by encouraging or discouraging behaviors and decisions;
- the policies that form the pillars of prosperity in the five kingdoms of macroeconomics;
- the history, meaning, and significance of the Laffer curve;
- the lessons that can be drawn from the economic history of the United States;
- the reasons why some states prosper, while others decline;
- the fallacies of stimulus spending, redistribution, and the welfare trap;
- and, a plan to bring prosperity to areas of our nation that have struggled for generations.
This new teaching series combines elements of an online course and a documentary to present these timeless economic principles that will help you discover how economic policies should be rooted in a common sense understanding of human nature.
Join Arthur Laffer in this free series to discover how we can unleash American prosperity again.
Enroll in this free online course on Supply-Side Economics and American Prosperity today!
What students say
"Hillsdale College's online offerings have deepened my education and enriched my life."
– Fred D.
"There aren't enough words to explain. I started with 'The Federalist Papers' with a vague interest; now it seems there aren't enough classes. . . . These classes have truly changed and matured my life."
– Danny G.
"Extraordinary in their simplicity and so fulfilling in their content. Thank you for creating this avenue to knowledge."
– John C.